Getting a loved one out of jail is often a top priority when an unexpected arrest occurs. When someone does not have the cash to put up bail money, they can hire a bondsman in Hollywood, Florida. Those who have never gone through the process of hiring a bondsman need to learn all they can so they will know what to expect. The following will information will assist individuals in better understanding the process.
What Should Individuals Know?
There are a few different things a person needs to know before they hire a bondsman in Hollywood, Florida. The more a person knows about the process, the less stressed they will be and the better equipped to make a sound decision.
* Although many people choose a bondsman based on price, it is important to note the fees are mandated by the state. In most cases, the fee is going to be around 10% of the bail amount. If the bail amount is $100,000, this means the fee is going to be $10,000.
* Bail bond fees are not refunded for any reason, even if the defendant is found guilty. Once the money has been paid, it is considered payment for services and will not be returned.
* If an individual chooses to hire a bondsman and signs the contract, they can be held accountable, should the defendant fail to show up for court. Failure to show revokes the bond agreement and will require the signer to pay the entire bail amount.
* It is essential a person hires a bond company that is properly licensed and in good standing with the state and county. Checking the credentials of the bonding company will help to ensure the right professional is hired.
* It is critical a person asks questions if they do not understand the process or the contract. A person should not sign any documents until they are fully aware of what they are signing.
Learn More Right Away
If you are in need of the services of a bail bondsman and would like to learn more, visit us. Call the office right away so they can assist you right away.